- Product eigenvalue problems and
the differential qd algorithm,
Hagen, July 2004.
- Structure of products,
SIAM Annual Meeting, New Orleans, July 2005.
- Solving large Hamiltonian eigenvalue
Adaptivity and Beyond, Vancouver, August 2005.
- The reduction to Hamiltonian
Schur form explained,
Boston, Amsterdam, Duesseldorf, July 2006.
- Structure-preserving Krylov
subspace methods for Hamiltonian and symplectic eigenvalue problems,
Bedlewo, Poland, March 2007.
- The implicit QZ algorithm for the
palindromic eigenvalue problem,
Luminy, France, October 2007.
- Understanding the QR algorithm, Part IX
, WCLAM, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, May 2008.
- Dealing with Hamiltonian
structure: challenges and successes,
Algebra Problems: Analysis, Algorithms, and Applications,
Cortona, Italy, September 2008.
- Krylov subspace methods for
Washington State University Mathematics Colloquium, October 2008.
(talk for general mathematical audience)
- Recent progress in the solution of
the Hamiltonian eigenvalue problem,
Seminar talk, Universite du Littoral, Calais, France, May 2009.
- Understanding the QR algorithm,
Part X ,
23rd Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of
Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, June 2009.
- Francis's algorithm,
ILAS Conference, Pisa, Italy, and IWASEP 8, Berlin, Germany, June
2010. (Look further down on this list for a newer version of this talk.)
- ... generalizing Francis's ... algorithm,
Householder Symposium XVIII, Tahoe City, CA, June 2011 and ILAS
Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, August 2011.
- Fast computation of the zeros of
a polynomial ,
SIAG LA, Valencia, Spain, June 2012.
- What's so great about Krylov
NLAA 2013, IIT Guwahati, India, January 2013.
- Fast computation of eigenvalues of
companion, comrade, and related matrices,
Luminy, France, October 2012 and ILAS Conference, Providence, RI, June
- Francis's algorithm,
Courant institute, New York University, September 2013, and Purdue University,
- Fast stable computation of the eigenvalues of companion matrices,
Householder Symposium, Spa, Belgium, June 2014.
- Krylov subspaces and
dense eigenvalue problems,
SIAM Annual Meeting, Chicago, July 2014.
- Fast and backward stable computation
of the zeros of polynomials,
Conference in Honor of Volker Mehrmann on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday,
Berlin, May 2015.
Return to Homepage of David Watkins