- Product eigenvalue problems and
the differential qd algorithm,
Hagen, July 2004.
- Structure of products,
SIAM Annual Meeting, New Orleans, July 2005.
- Solving large Hamiltonian eigenvalue
Adaptivity and Beyond, Vancouver, August 2005.
- The reduction to Hamiltonian
Schur form explained,
Boston, Amsterdam, Duesseldorf, July 2006.
- Structure-preserving Krylov
subspace methods for Hamiltonian and symplectic eigenvalue problems,
Bedlewo, Poland, March 2007.
- The implicit QZ algorithm for the
palindromic eigenvalue problem,
Luminy, France, October 2007.
- Understanding the QR algorithm, Part IX
, WCLAM, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, May 2008.
- Dealing with Hamiltonian
structure: challenges and successes,
Algebra Problems: Analysis, Algorithms, and Applications,
Cortona, Italy, September 2008.
- Krylov subspace methods for
Washington State University Mathematics Colloquium, October 2008.
(talk for general mathematical audience)
- Recent progress in the solution of
the Hamiltonian eigenvalue problem,
Seminar talk, Universite du Littoral, Calais, France, May 2009.
- Understanding the QR algorithm,
Part X ,
23rd Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of
Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, June 2009.
- Francis's algorithm,
ILAS Conference, Pisa, Italy, and IWASEP 8, Berlin, Germany, June
2010. (Look further down on this list for a newer version of this talk.)
- ... generalizing Francis's ... algorithm,
Householder Symposium XVIII, Tahoe City, CA, June 2011 and ILAS
Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, August 2011.
- Fast computation of the zeros of
a polynomial ,
SIAG LA, Valencia, Spain, June 2012.
- What's so great about Krylov
NLAA 2013, IIT Guwahati, India, January 2013.
- Fast computation of eigenvalues of
companion, comrade, and related matrices,
Luminy, France, October 2012 and ILAS Conference, Providence, RI, June
- Francis's algorithm,
Courant institute, New York University, September 2013, and Purdue University,
- Fast stable computation of the eigenvalues of companion matrices,
Householder Symposium, Spa, Belgium, June 2014.
- Krylov subspaces and
dense eigenvalue problems,
SIAM Annual Meeting, Chicago, July 2014.
- Fast and backward stable computation
of the zeros of polynomials,
Conference in Honor of Volker Mehrmann on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday,
Berlin, May 2015.
Core-chasing algorithms for eigenvalue computation,
presented in seminars at Koc University, WSU, Temple University, and
New York University, Fall 2015.
Return to Homepage of David Watkins